Content of the material
- How To Track A Stolen Laptop Without Tracking Software?
- ↓ 05 Norton Mobile Security
- How can I track my stolen computer
- Can a stolen laptop be tracked with serial number
- ↓ 02 Hidden Anti Theft
- How to Find/Locate your lost/stolen Laptop,computer,windows phone??
- How to useFind My Device in Windows 10
- Use Dropbox, Facebook or Gmail to get the IP address (Mac Win)
- HOW TO TRACE A STOLEN LAPTOP!!!.[SOLVED]
- #2. Different Ways to Track Your Stolen Laptop
- #I. Track A Stolen Laptop via Its Serial Number
- #II. Using the Already Installed Tracking Software
- #III. Using the Device’s Default Tracking Features
- #IV. By Tracking the Laptop’s Mac or IP Address
- How To Track A Stolen Laptop With Serial Number?
- Can A Stolen Desktop Computer Be Tracked?
- Can A Laptop Be Tracked If Its Off?
How To Track A Stolen Laptop Without Tracking Software?
If you own a Windows laptop, you can track your device using the ‘Find my device’ feature, which has to be preactivated. You also can track your laptop by using your Gmail, Dropbox, or Facebook. These options track your laptop’s IP address based on your device’s latest activity. However, if you own a Mac laptop, you can track your laptop using the ‘Find my Mac device’ feature or use iCloud to track your Mac laptop.
↓ 05 Norton Mobile Security
Norton Mobile Security helps you quickly lock and find your PC laptop, MacBook, tablet or smartphone – and protect the invaluable information contained on it – if it’s ever lost or stolen. And you can use any browser, anywhere, anytime to find out where it is and who has it and to remotely lock it. Features:
- Locate: Tracks and maps the location of your device when anyone uses it to go online so you will know if it is lost or stolen.
- Remote Lock: Securely locks your device to prevent strangers from using it or seeing your information.
- Lost Notification: Displays a customizable message to anyone who finds your missing device so you can make arrangements to get it back.
- Web Control: Works securely over the Internet, so you can easily track, locate, and lock your devices anytime, anywhere.
- Sneak Peek: Snaps photos of anyone or anything in front of your device then saves the images to the Norton Anti-Theft Web site to help you get back your device. (Webcam devices only)
Continue Reading PreyProject – Track and Recover Stolen Laptop, Smartphone, iPhones, Macbook etc
How can I track my stolen computerAnswered By: Michael Russell Date: created: Jul 20 2021
When you want to track your lost device, open a web browser and go to account.microsoft.com/devices. Sign in with the same Microsoft account you used on that Windows 10 PC you want to track. You’ll see a list of devices registered to your Microsoft account.Asked By: Christopher Carter Date: created: Jan 08 2022
Can a stolen laptop be tracked with serial numberAnswered By: Kyle Roberts Date: created: Apr 02 2021
No. You can not track your laptop using MAC address or Serial Number. You need a special software which will track it.Asked By: Ronald Bryant Date: created: Mar 08 2021
↓ 02 Hidden Anti Theft
Using proven technology, Hidden tracks your missing Macbook, iPhone or iPad and collects the evidence needed to get them back. And don’t worry. Your personal information stays locked away, too. Get the app that protects your Apple devices, and your privacy.
- Location Tracking – Apple’s Core Location technology will be maximised to determine your device’s position, altitude and orientation
- Key Log – Collect information about the keys used whilst your Mac was away
- Secret Screenshots & iSight Photos – Build a convincing criminal case using Secret Screenshots and iSight to capture the culprit on camera
- Remote Lock – Lock your Mac and activate a warning message to thieves
- Remote Wipe – Erase personal and private information from your Mac, no matter how far away it is
- Spoken Message – Type a message, and let your Mac read it aloud to the user
- SSH Tunneling – Hidden cleverly reverses the SSH Tunnel, letting you bypass firewalls and remotely access your Mac no matter what
Continue Reading How to Catch Cheating Spouse and Track Employee with Norton Anti-Theft Software
How to Find/Locate your lost/stolen Laptop,computer,windows phone??
so, welcome friends… To day I show you how to locate your stolen or lost computer,laptop, windows phone…..just go to the update and security….and from then go to the Find my device option….just login to your Microsoft account and from there.and locate all of your devices….which is connected to your Microsoft account….if you like this video please like and subscribe to my channel….goooooooood byeeeeeeeee…Here is the paypal donation page link: https:///MERUNMAITY
Video taken from the channel: TECHNICAL MAITY
How to useFind My Device in Windows 10
Microsoft introduced the Find My Device feature back in 2015. As the name suggests, it’s a helpful way to track down the approximate location of your laptop.
It’s turned off by default, but if you enabled the feature before your laptop disappeared then you’ll be able to take a quick couple of steps to aid in its recovery.
For those unfamiliar with the service you can read our How to turn on Windows 10’s Find My Device feature guide.
To track your laptop go to the Microsoft website and log in with your account.
You’ll be presented with a list of your devices, so locate the one you’re after and click on the Find my device option under its name.
Now Microsoft will search for the laptop and let you know, roughly, where it is, so long as it’s online. There’s also the option to secure the machine remotely by clicking the Lock button.
Use Dropbox, Facebook or Gmail to get the IP address (Mac Win)
Some of the applications that constantly run in the background or websites you’re logged into automatically register and store your IP address. If someone uses your laptop and checks out your Facebook profile or emails, you have a good chance of getting the person’s IP address. The problem is that an IP address doesn’t mean that you can easily get the physical address, assigned to the IP. Internet Service Providers (ISPs) have that information but they won’t give it away. You need a warrant for that. So, if you manage to get the IP address of the person using your laptop, go to the police and explain your situation.
The great thing about having Dropbox is that it syncs your data silently in the background (at least if no changes were detected). If someone took your laptop, he or she won’t notice it. Dropbox keeps track of all current and past sessions (or accesses) together with the country of origin and IP address. Log into your account on the Dropbox website, go to Settings and click on the Security tab. Now, you should see a list of the devices that accessed your Dropbox account in the past.
One of these devices should be your laptop. Check the time it last accessed your account. Was it after you lost your laptop? If so, then the IP address possibly belongs to the person who took it. If you want to be sure, wait a while and keep checking for new sessions. If the IP address keeps being the same, you can assume that it belongs to the person’s place. If you have private files in your Dropbox account, I recommend that you change your Dropbox password afterwards. An alternative would be to download your private stuff onto another computer and remove them from your Dropbox account using the browser interface. Then you can continue monitoring the thieves activity without having to worry about any sensitive data.
If the person with your laptop is curious enough, he or she might want to take a peek at your mails. As with Dropbox, Gmail keeps track of all the different IP addresses used to access your mails. Go to your Gmail inbox, scroll down and click on “Details” under “Last account activity” in the bottom right corner.
A new window should pop up, displaying the ten last recorded sessions together with the used IP addresses. If you see that someone else accessed your Gmail, you better change your Google account password (after writing down the unknown IP address). You really don’t want someone else to mess with your Google account, especially if you’re using many other Google services.
To get a list of your Facebook account’s sessions, go to Settings and click on Security on the left sidebar. Now click on the bottom item called “Where You’re Logged In” (<– or click this link). You should see an overview of the different devices and apps that last accessed your account. Facebook even tells you the city in which the session was established. If you hover over the city with your cursor, you can see the IP address. You can get an even more detailed lost of basically all past sessions. The way to get there is described in a recent article of mine.
HOW TO TRACE A STOLEN LAPTOP!!!.[SOLVED]
Save yourself time, money and personal data in case you lose your computer.
Video taken from the channel: Norman Kimathi
#2. Different Ways to Track Your Stolen Laptop
Now, since all the necessary preliminary steps for your gadget’s safety purposes have been discussed, if unluckily, any such incident takes place, you can easily track your missing laptop and chances are high that you get hold of it, again.
Here are some of the most widely applicable ways.
- Using your laptop serial number
- By using the already installed tracking software
- By using the default features i.e. “Find my device”
- By the Mac or IP address of your laptop
Let’s now check out how each one works.
#I. Track A Stolen Laptop via Its Serial Number
Let me say this first that, just a product’s serial number is not enough to help you find out your stolen laptop. Still, since we know that it’s being constantly monitored by the manufacturer, so in any such undesired scenario, you can ask them about this information and they can easily provide you with it.
It’s although not sort of some precise information, nor does it provides a precise location of the stolen product, but still you can try your luck this way.
#II. Using the Already Installed Tracking Software
Ponder that, if you had some tracking software installed on that laptop, you can now open the same software in your smartphone, etc. and since that missing laptop was registered on it, you can obtain more than enough information regarding all the post-incident movements, etc. on your phone now.
Just pray that the thief is not someone tech-savvy, otherwise, he would, first of all, uninstall the software to make sure that he is not at any sort of risk.
#III. Using the Device’s Default Tracking Features
No matter whether it’s a Windows laptop or a Mac, if that default, “Find my device”, and other aforementioned features i.e. GPS tracking, etc., is enabled on it, you can try this method too, to get your stolen laptop tracked.
Just use your same Microsoft account on any other device, and since that laptop is already listed in your “Your devices” list, you can click on the “Find my device” button under that laptop’s name and get all the necessary information.
#IV. By Tracking the Laptop’s Mac or IP Address
Mac and IP address, both are sort of unique IDs assigned to your device while it’s on the internet so that the device can be easily identified. So, this is the last but one best way for you to consider if all of the above methods prove ineffective.
Although practices show that the Mac address is not that worth it in such cases, the IP address i.e. the Internet Protocol, your unique internet identity, is a much rational and authentic way to track your device. You can reach your internet service provider, and using this IP address, can get full-fledged access to your misplaced device’s address and location, etc.
If you have logged in to any of your these accounts i.e. Dropbox, Gmail, Facebook or Outlook, etc., on that laptop, you can then easily get that laptop’s IP address.
Here’s the how-to guide for you.
Follow these few simple steps, if you are on Dropbox.
- Log in to your Dropbox account, be it from the website or app.
- Go straight down into the “Settings” and then into the “Security”.
- Scroll down and there you`ll see all the required details i.e. log-in sessions and which device has accessed your account and when etc.
- Check out the recent activity, click on the device, and you`ll easily get that device’s IP address.
Log in to your Facebook account on your new device and into the “Security and login” settings, seek out “Where you’re logged in”. You’ll see all the activities with regard to your Facebook account. Check out the suspicious activity, hover your cursor on it and you’ll get the IP address of that device.
Gmail keeps a full record of all your account activities etc. and constantly notifies you of all the suspicious acts to your account. So, it’s believed to be an even much authentic solution to your likewise issues. Let’s check it out.
- Open Gmail’s web version and get into your Inbox.
- Scroll down straight to the bottom and check out “Details” under the “Last account activity” in the rightmost corner.
- Click on the “Details”, and you’ll see a new window popping up including all the account activity details along with the IP addresses of the device that has accessed it.
- Here’s where you can get that required IP address.
Since it’s Microsoft’s own software, it’s a way better solution for you in any such scenario. Just log in to your Outlook account and click on your profile picture (top right corner). Click “View account” and then “Devices”, and you’ll get a list of all the connected devices.
Filter out that specific (stolen) laptop, you’ll see the “Find my device” button below it, click on it and you’ll get the exact location of the device straight on the map.
How To Track A Stolen Laptop With Serial Number?You cannot track it with the serial number alone; instead, you will also need special software that will enable you to track its location. One of the safest software to use is Prey. To use Prey, you would have to: 1. Install the Prey on your laptop. 2. Register your laptop. After registering your laptop, you will be able to track your laptop from anywhere in the world.Can A Stolen Desktop Computer Be Tracked? Yes, your desktop can be tracked utilizing its IP Address. When the PC gets activated and connected to the internet, its location will be tracked. Some programs are designed to locate your desktop’s IP address, such as Advatrack and Absolute Software. Can A Laptop Be Tracked If Its Off? Unfortunately, you cannot track your laptop if it is switched off. Your laptop would have to either be on or be connected to a network; besides that, your laptop will remain untraceable until such a time.