Content of the material
- 1. Wow, you seem really upset. Lets talk about something else so you are able to cool down
- 5. People Complain Because It Creates Excuses For Failure Or Lack Of Achievement
- 4. I am so sorry that happened. I wonder if they realize how they made you feel?
- 2. People Complain Because It Helps To Reduce Expectations
- Who this course is for:
1. Wow, you seem really upset. Lets talk about something else so you are able to cool down
This response shows empathy by offering to change subjects with their best interests in mind. When someone is extremely emotional, it’s best to completely change the topic. Their emotions will be way too high to have any reasonable conversation about the subject that set them off.Advertising
5. People Complain Because It Creates Excuses For Failure Or Lack Of Achievement
It is quite common for individuals to create excuses when they have failed, or if they have struggled to reach the level of achievement that they intended to.
For many people, it is easier for them to look for reasons or excuses on why they weren’t successful than being able to admit that they are to blame for the shortfalls.
Do you ever hear successful individuals complain? No, you don’t, because they don’t make excuses for their failures. They recognize they fell short on what they were trying to accomplish and it is only them who can change the outcome next time around.
4. I am so sorry that happened. I wonder if they realize how they made you feel?
In most cases, people who whine and complain have made a lot of negative assumptions. They sometimes struggle to see things from others’ perspective. They are stuck in a victim mode mentality. When this happens, you can ask questions that get them thinking of possibilities they haven’t considered without directly arguing with them.
2. People Complain Because It Helps To Reduce Expectations
When tasked with something of importance, some people complain to reduce their own expectations or those of others, of what the final product will look like before putting in a real effort.
In a work environment, individuals may complain that the deadline is too close, or the budget is too small for the job. By complaining, they reduce expectations that they will be able to complete the task successfully as intended.
As a result, when they do end up finishing the job, expectations have been lowered, so they aren’t judged as hard on their shortfalls. Instead, they are congratulated on their efforts despite a short deadline and small budget.
Another example in a college setting could be a student complaining that a professor made the exam too difficult for the material that was taught. By complaining, the student reduces their expectations and those of others, of getting a good grade on the exam.
As a result, they have a reason to push the blame onto someone else if they were to receive a poor grade. However, the real reason is they received a poor grade was because of their lack of effort to study and prepare for the exam.
Who this course is for:
- You are any type of person that needs to deal with whiners at work (or at home)
- You're someone who needs to deal with a whiny/complaining boss, employee, peer, investor or other
It’s natural that you sometimes have the urge to complain — we all do. Yet, complaining will not solve your issues, and neither will anyone else. It is completely up to you.
So, let these quotes about complaining inspire you to take your life into your own hands and believe in yourself. It’s time to take action and quit complaining!