Content of the material
- Reader Success Stories
- 2) Add the URL to the “Removals” tool in Google Search Console
- Enventys Partners Finding Peace of Mind at Kinsta to Scale Their Agency
- How to Deactivate a Twitter Account
- What Is Google Cache? Everything Website Owners Need to Know
- Still having problems?
- Hide Tweets by Going Private
- How to delete Twitter account on iPhone/iPad
Reader Success Stories
Edward Chisnall Jun 29, 2016
“Clearly laid out, without complicated procedures. wikiHow is the place to manage your online problems.”
2) Add the URL to the “Removals” tool in Google Search Console
Google Search Console is a free tool offered to anyone that manages or owns a website.
If you are not already a verified owner of the website, follow verification instructions provided by Google then:
- Log in to your account
- Choose “Removal” from the “Index” menu
- Select the “Temporary Removals” tab
- Hit the “New Request” button (keep it on “Remove this URL only”) and enter the URL of the page you wish to remove entirely from search results and Google’s cache
- Then click “Submit Request”
Google will typically process your request within 24-48 hours.
Other options in this section:
- If you’d like the URL to remain but you want the cache and snippet for the page to be updated faster:
- Select the “Clear Cached URL” tab
- If you’d like to remove an entire folder or directory of your site from search results:
- Select “Remove all URLs with this prefix”
You’ll know when your request has been processed once a “Removed” status appears on your Submitted Requests list. Please note this is only a temporary fix. To permanently remove the content you need to remove it from your site or update the source page.
If you are looking to ensure your content is being removed as quickly as possible, Google offers an additional tool to remove outdated pages, it is a part of Search Console; but is accessed through the Public Search Console Help page. For this application, you do not have to be a verified owner of the website. When you enter the URL you wish to delete, the tool will then analyze the URL to determine whether the content was removed. If it has, it will process your request as an Outdated Page Removal. The immediate detection is protection from unauthorized page removal requests.
Enventys Partners Finding Peace of Mind at Kinsta to Scale Their AgencyBeing a fast growing agency, Enventys Partners found peace of mind at Kinsta knowing that they can easily scale while providing a better service.
How to Deactivate a Twitter Account
You can start the process of deleting your account by signing into Twitter.
Select More in the list on the left side of your Twitter profile.
In the menu that appears, select Settings and Privacy.
Go to Your Account (Account, in the mobile app) > Deactivate your account.
Twitter lets you know that your tweets will only be saved for 30 days. At that point, your account and all posts you have made on your account will be removed from the Twitter servers permanently. If you wish to proceed, select Deactivate.
Confirm your password and select Deactivate.
What Is Google Cache? Everything Website Owners Need to KnowNot familiar with Google Cache yet? Find out everything you need to know about it and how it can help you solve problems on your website.
Still having problems?
Google does not provide phone support for these kinds of issues; however, you can connect with other individuals that may have had similar issues to yourself on the Google Product forums.
If that doesn’t work for you and your business is struggling with how Google is indexing your content, don’t hesitate to call us or submit a question through our website. We’d be happy to help!
This blog was originally published on December 10, 2015 but was updated in February of 2020.
Hide Tweets by Going Private
To remove your tweets from prying eyes without deactivating it, you can make your account private.
When you make your account private, the only people who can read your tweets are your followers. No one else can access any of your posts, even if they use Google or another third-party search engine. Taking this step is the quickest way to remove your tweets from the public eye.
To prevent a specific person from viewing your tweets, you can block them. However, they’ll still be able to see your posts if they sign out of the platform.
In a web browser, log in to Twitter. Select More in the menu.
Select Settings and Privacy.
Select Your Account.
Select Account information and enter your password.
Select Protected Tweets.
Check the box next to Protect my Tweets to go private.
In the Twitter mobile app, go to Menu > Settings and Privacy > Privacy and Safety > turn on Protect Your Tweets.
How to delete Twitter account on iPhone/iPad
- Launch the Twitter app on your iPhone or iPad.
- Tap on your profile icon at the top menu.
- Select Settings and privacy.
- Select Account and tap on Deactivate your account at the bottom of the page.
- Tap on Deactivate.
- Choose Yes, deactivate to confirm.