Content of the material
- Your Answer
- Sign up or log in
- How do I force an app to update on my iPhone?
- Why is my phone not updating?
- How do I get the latest version of Android on my old phone?
- Can Android 4.4 2 be upgraded?
- Join or sign in
- The *#*#CHECKIN#*#* trick
- Part 3. Android 10 is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- Reader Success Stories
Sign up or log in Sign up using Google Sign up using Facebook Sign up using Email and Password
How do I force an app to update on my iPhone?
How to manually update apps on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch
- Open the App Store.
- Tap your profile icon at the top of the screen.
- Scroll to see pending updates and release notes. Tap Update next to an app to update only that app, or tap Update All.
Why is my phone not updating?
In most cases, this could be caused by insufficient storage, low battery, bad internet connection, aged phone, etc. Either your phone doesn’t receive updates anymore, can’t download/install pending updates, or the updates failed halfway, this article exists to help fix the issue when your phone won’t update.
How do I get the latest version of Android on my old phone?
You can also simply run a beefed up version of your existing OS, but do make sure that you choose the right ROMs.
- Step 1 – Unlock the Bootloader. …
- Step 2 – Run a Custom Recovery. …
- Step 3 – Backup the existing Operating system. …
- Step 4 – Flash the Custom ROM. …
- Step 5 – Flashing GApps (Google apps)
Can Android 4.4 2 be upgraded?
Upgrading your Android version is only possible when a newer version has been made for your phone. … If your phone doesn’t have an official update, you can side load it. Meaning you can root your phone, install a custom recovery and then flash a new ROM which will give you your preferred Android version.
Join or sign in
Register for your free TechRepublic membership or if you are already a member, sign in using your preferred method below.
Use FacebookUse Linkedin
The *#*#CHECKIN#*#* trick
For the final method, we need to open the dialer, and type:
The numbers spell “Checkin”. On the screenshot, we haven’t typed the last asterisk “*”, because doing so will automatically run the code.
After we type the last asterisk, we will get a “checkin succeeded” notification in a second or so.
As with the Google Services Framework trick, we again go to Settings -> About phone -> System updates to run a new manual update.
- Avoid updating your Android over cellular data, since using data to update will likely incur additional fees on your monthly bill.
Thanks! Helpful 28 Not Helpful 10
- If your device is too old to support further updates, you won’t be able to update your Android even if there is an update available.
Thanks! Helpful 33 Not Helpful 16
Part 3. Android 10 is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
The latest update for Android that is Android Q is going to be known as simply Android 10. It is going to arrive on a later date this year. So, if you are wondering if your Android smartphone will support the latest update, then check out our list.
These are the devices from some famous brands that are expected to receive the latest Android 10 update.
- Asus: Asus ZenFone 6, Asus ZenFone 5Z, Asus ROG Phone 2
- Google: Google Pixel 3a XL, Google Pixel 3a, Google Pixel 3 XL, Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 2, Google Pixel 2 XL, Google Pixel, Google Pixel XL
- Honor: Honor 10, Honor 8X, Honor 20 Pro, Honor 20, Honor V20, Honor Magic 2, Honor Play
- Huawei: Huawei P30 Pro, Huawei P30, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 X, Huawei Mate 20 X 5G, Porsche Design Huawei Mate 20 RS, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- LG: LG G8 ThinQ, LG V50 Thin, LG G7 One
- Samsung: Samsung Galaxy Note10 Plus/Note 10/Note 9, Samsung Galaxy Fold, Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus/S10/S10e/S9 Plus/S9
Reader Success Stories
Anonymous Apr 1, 2018
“First of all you gave me three way to upgrade phone but most important is the impact warning and tips, thank you.”
More reader stories Hide reader stories