Content of the material
- The standard, manual Android update check
- How do I force update my Samsung?
- What is the most current version of Android?
- Part 3. Android 10 is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
- The *#*#CHECKIN#*#* trick
- Can I send you a source of the best solutions for How To Force Update Android?
- Welcome to TechRepublic!
The standard, manual Android update check
Before we try the more advanced methods to force an Android update check, it doesn’t hurt to do a manual check.
While connected to the internet, preferably through WiFi, we just need to go to settings.
There, we scroll all the way down to “About phone”.
We tap the first option, System updates.
If after we tap “Check for update”, the phone claims it is up to date, it’s time to try the alternate methods.
How do I force update my Samsung?
For Samsung phones running Android 11 / Android 10 / Android Pie
- Open Settings from the app drawer or home screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Tap Software update. …
- Tap Download and install to initiate an update manually.
- Your phone will connect to the server to see if an OTA update is available.
- Avoid updating your Android over cellular data, since using data to update will likely incur additional fees on your monthly bill.
Thanks! Helpful 28 Not Helpful 10
- If your device is too old to support further updates, you won’t be able to update your Android even if there is an update available.
Thanks! Helpful 33 Not Helpful 16
What is the most current version of Android?
The Latest Version of Android is 11.0
It’s just “Android 11.” Google still plans to use dessert names internally for development builds. For example, Android 11 was code-named “Red Velvet Cake.” As with Android 10 before it, Android 11 includes a number of new user-facing changes and features.
Part 3. Android 10 is Here: List Of Official Supported Device
The latest update for Android that is Android Q is going to be known as simply Android 10. It is going to arrive on a later date this year. So, if you are wondering if your Android smartphone will support the latest update, then check out our list.
These are the devices from some famous brands that are expected to receive the latest Android 10 update.
- Asus: Asus ZenFone 6, Asus ZenFone 5Z, Asus ROG Phone 2
- Google: Google Pixel 3a XL, Google Pixel 3a, Google Pixel 3 XL, Google Pixel 3, Google Pixel 2, Google Pixel 2 XL, Google Pixel, Google Pixel XL
- Honor: Honor 10, Honor 8X, Honor 20 Pro, Honor 20, Honor V20, Honor Magic 2, Honor Play
- Huawei: Huawei P30 Pro, Huawei P30, Huawei Mate 20 Pro, Huawei Mate 20, Huawei Mate 20 X, Huawei Mate 20 X 5G, Porsche Design Huawei Mate 20 RS, Huawei P20 Pro, Huawei P20, Huawei Mate 10 Pro
- LG: LG G8 ThinQ, LG V50 Thin, LG G7 One
- Samsung: Samsung Galaxy Note10 Plus/Note 10/Note 9, Samsung Galaxy Fold, Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus/S10/S10e/S9 Plus/S9
The *#*#CHECKIN#*#* trick
For the final method, we need to open the dialer, and type:
The numbers spell “Checkin”. On the screenshot, we haven’t typed the last asterisk “*”, because doing so will automatically run the code.
After we type the last asterisk, we will get a “checkin succeeded” notification in a second or so.
As with the Google Services Framework trick, we again go to Settings -> About phone -> System updates to run a new manual update.
Can I send you a source of the best solutions for How To Force Update Android?
Sometimes, our solutions for How To Force Update Android may not be the best for some, it is easy to understand because the demand for each person is different. Therefore, we encourage people to send us any sources, addresses that give a better way.
Welcome to TechRepublic!
Username must be unique. Password must be a minimum of 6 characters and have any 3 of the 4 items: a number (0 through 9), a special character (such as !, $, #, %), an uppercase character (A through Z) or a lowercase (a through z) character (no spaces).