Content of the material
- How to See Who Viewed Your Facebook?
- 1. Official Way to See Who Viewed My Facebook Profile
- 2. Manually Check Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile
- 3. Chrome Extension to See Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile
- How to see who viewed your Facebook on desktop?
- Are the results truly accurate?
- Does “Other Viewers” mean that I’m blocked?
- Can You See Who Views Your Facebook Profile?
- Method 3. See Someone’s Likes on Facebook Profile Page
- How to see someone’s Facebook activity?
- Step 3: Click “View As”
- How to see “Other Viewers” on Facebook
- A Short Conclusion
How to See Who Viewed Your Facebook?
Let’s get started with the list of methods on how to see who views your Facebook profile.
1. Official Way to See Who Viewed My Facebook Profile
Still not over with curiosity – who viewed my Facebook? Here is the last and final hack to calm your nerves down. Yes, you read that, right! iOS users, it’s time to rejoice over Android users. Facebook got a tie-up with the most famous and widely used brand Apple. Using the iPhone, Apple management tried to do something out of the box for its users. After various Apple management meetings, Facebook is finally testing this particular service for iOS and Android users.
Who Viewed My Facebook for iPhone/iOS
The above-listed techniques are a bit frill. Need not worry now. iOS has simplified everything for its users.
Excited to know? Let’s get started to check who viewed my profile:
All you iOS users, you need to:
- Open your Facebook app.
- Open Menu on Facebook.
- Scroll down to the Settings & Privacy option
- You will find a new feature called Privacy Shortcuts.
- Search for the option Who viewed my Facebook, and you are done!
To be informed, this is just in a testing mode, and we are waiting for its rollout.
Who Viewed My Facebook for Android
Hurry, Who viewed my Facebook option may available for Android. Update your Facebook app to most recent version.
Yes, you read this right. But we hope this feature comes out soon, and the preferred date would be first April (year unknown).
It’s time to know how to block someone on Facebook after knowing the person who’s stalking your profile.
2. Manually Check Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile
Google Chrome is suggested web browser to use this trick. Other browsers may face some issues. To check who viewed my Facebook profile, you can use the ‘InitialChatFriendsList’. Follow these steps:
- First, log in to the Facebook account.
- Now come to your profile page.
- Right-click on the page and select View Page Source (You can Use CTRL+U on Windows and Command+Option+Uon Mac to see view page source).
- Press Ctrl+F to open the search bar.
- Now type and search InitialChatFriendsList.
- You will see a list of users who views your profile most. Their profile IDs will be listed between inverted commas. E.g. “100006525035225-2”
- Copy profile id without “-2,” i.e., “100006525035225,” which is the profile ID of the Facebook user, and in a new tab, type https://www.facebook.com/profileid (number here refers to the profile ID copied). E.g., https://www.facebook.com/100006525035225
3. Chrome Extension to See Who Viewed Your Facebook Profile
Flatbook Extension for Chrome
You can install a Google Chrome extension, Flatbook, which is available on Chrome Web Store. It seems like Google Chrome is the only browser allowing users to do so. Funny though!
Follow these simple steps:
- Open the Google Chrome browser and install the Flatbook extension. Search for this extension on the Chrome Web Store.
- Click on Add to chrome option and wait for few seconds for the installation to complete in the Chrome browser.
- After installation is completed, now login to your Facebook account.
- Click on the Flatbook extension icon, which is available at the top right corner of the page.
- From the list of options, click on Profile Visitors
- You will get a list of 20 people who view your profile most
- You can also check who has unfriended you on Facebook
Not satisfied with the above methods? Here is another method to reach your goal.
Super Viewer for Facebook
This is another extension that can help you in finding who views your Facebook. This is again a Google Chrome extension. It seems Google Chrome is leading in the browser’s race. Thank you, Google Chrome, for helping us out. Funny again!
Installing this extension in Chrome is as easy as the previous one. Just follow simple steps:
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Search for this extension and click on the Add to Chrome button. Wait until the installation completes.
- Now, login to your Facebook account.
- The ‘Visitor’ option must be visible at the timeline bar.
- Click on that option and check who views your profile.
How to see who viewed your Facebook on desktop?
Unlike mobile, seeing your Facebook viewers on the desktop is a little time-consuming. Read on to an effective method.
- Visit your Facebook profile timeline page using any browser on your system
- Once the page is loaded, right-click anywhere
- Select view page source (alternately, you can use or use CTRL+U and a new page source tab will open)
- Press CTRL + F to open the search box on the new tab that contains the HTML codes of the source. (Command + F for Mac users.) See the image below.
- On the search box, copy paste BUDDY_ID and Enter
- You will see a list of some profile IDs of the people who visited your profile
- Now copy any profile ID (15 digit number)
- Then open Facebook.com and paste the ID there (for example, facebook.com/100011552976455) and click Enter. (Remove -2 followed by each IDs).
- The result shows you the person who visited your Facebook profile
- Please keep logged in while performing the task.
To understand better you may watch this video –
Are the results truly accurate?
These results seem to be accurate in showing who has been looking at your Facebook profile the most. However, some people have debated that perhaps some people appear on this list because you interact with them through Facebook regularly, rather than them actually going to your page.
Try this method out and see what results you get, and you can decide for yourself! If you’re curious about other ways to find out who looks at your page most, we have some information on that next.
Does “Other Viewers” mean that I’m blocked?
If someone blocks you right after they viewed your story, their profile will be hidden, and you’ll see “1 viewer” in your story views.
Yes, “Other Viewers” on your Facebook story views can mean that you’re blocked.
However, that’s extremely unlikely.
“Other viewers” are people who viewed your story that you’re not friends with on Facebook.
When you’re blocked on Facebook, you won’t be able to see the person’s posts, stories, and you’ll be removed as a friend.
Neither can the person see your posts or stories.
However, if the person saw your story and blocked you right after, you’ll see “1 viewer” on your story views instead.
You won’t be able to see the person’s name.
If the person unblocks you, adds you on Facebook, and you accept it, their name will re-appear on your story views.
This theory has been tested using 2 accounts, and it’s proven to be true.
Can You See Who Views Your Facebook Profile?
Simply NO is the answer to the question.
Don’t get disheartened and continue using Facebook, leaving behind this curiosity to check who views your profile.
Method 3. See Someone’s Likes on Facebook Profile Page
Works in situation: You are friends with the person or if the person’s profile is public.
What you can check: All likes: photos, music, videos, books, sprots teams, etc.
If the person whose Facebook activity you want to check is in your friend list, then this method can be useful to you. You can directly check from his/her profile page to see what someone reacted to on Facebook, as long as they have listed the posts under public or friends only category.
How to see someone’s Facebook activity?
Step 1. To know how to check friends activity log on facebook, all you have to do is first login to your Facebook account and go to the friend’s profile.
Step 2. Now, click on the “More” options and select “Likes” from the drop-down menu. This will show all their likes on pages, movies, TV shows, books and more.
Step 3. After checking out the Facebook Likes, repeat the process again and select another category this time, for example, Music, and you will be able to check other activities.
Step 3: Click “View As”
On your page, you will see various subsections. Click “View As” under the “Who can see things on my Timeline?” subsection.
After clicking to view, Facebook will direct you to your timeline that people who aren’t your Facebook friends can see. If you can see certain posts and photos, this means those posts and photos are available for public eyes because you posted with a public privacy setting. If you don’t see any content at all, it’s because your profile is private.
Although the example profile below is a private profile, it contains images, information, and photos that are viewable to the public because those posts’ privacy settings were set to “public” rather than to “friends.”
How to see “Other Viewers” on Facebook
Facebook does not display the profiles of “Other Viewers”.
Unfortunately, you cannot see “Other Viewers” on Facebook.
According to Facebook, if your story’s privacy setting is set to “Public”, you’re only able to see the followers who viewed your story, but not their specific names.
If your story’s privacy setting is set to “Public”, everyone will be able to view your story.
People who’ve viewed your story that you’re not friends with on Facebook will be listed under “Other Viewers”.
However, their names will be anonymous.
In other words, the users under “Other Viewers” will be hidden from you.
This limitation has displeased many users as they are unable to see who the “Other Viewers” are.
There’s even a petition (created by Wendy Williams) that demands Facebook to show the “Other Viewers”.
You can sign the petition if you support the change.
A Short Conclusion
The said task about how to check someone’s activity on Facebook can be easily with the 3 methods discussed above. Each of them applies in different situations. If you have difficulties to check all FB activity, download KidsGuard Pro. Otherwise way 2 and way 3 should satisfy your need.