Content of the material
Set File Explorer to Open This PC in Folder Options
In Windows 10, File Explorer opens to Quick access by default which shows your Frequent folders and Recent files. To set File Explorer to open This PC instead of Quick Access in Folder Options, here’s how:
Step 1: Open File Explorer by pressing Win+E on the keyboard.
Step 2: In File Explorer Ribbon, click the File > Change folder and search options.
Step 3: In the General tab, select This PC in the Open File Explorer to drop menu, and click on OK.
Author: Taras Buria
Recent Forum Posts
- Topic: davescomputertips Speed Test yields wrong resulto Posted: 3 days ago
- Topic: Transcription Qualitative Research Posted: 6 days ago
- Topic: Unlimited Internet – really? Posted: 1 week ago
- Topic: Pixlr Posted: 2 weeks ago
- Topic: How to edit comments made to Blog? Posted: 2 weeks ago
Set File Explorer to open to This PC using Windows Registry
You can change the same setting as mentioned above using the Windows Registry. This is especially useful for System Administrators who want the same setting to be distributed across the network.
- Open Registry Editor and go to the following Registry key:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
- From the right hand pane, double click LaunchTo entry to edit and change its value from 2 to 1
The setting is instant and you don’t need to restart Windows Explorer for the setting to take effect.
- How To Customize Quick Access In Windows 10 (Navigation Pane And Toolbar)
- 3 Ways To Delete Search History In File Explorer in Windows 10
- 2 Ways to Disable All the Settings of Windows 10 Taskbar
- 4 Ways To Set Default Apps Properly in Windows 10
Fix 3 Disable Details and Preview Pane
1. Go to File explorer
2. Click on View
3. Make sure that details and preview option is not enabled. If it is enabled , click on it to disable it.
Fix 5 Change size of Text and Apps to 100%
1. Search Display settings in Search box and click on the search result.
2 – Make sure Scale setting is set to Recommended percentage.
iTechtics is a technology blog focusing on Windows news, software and downloads, Software tips and tricks, Web services, Security and Office productivity.