Content of the material
How to Watch YouTube Without Any Recommendations?
Here’s what to do if you want to prevent YouTube from recommending you videos:
- Go to YouTube’s website on your PC or start YouTube on your phone.
- Navigate to your user picture in the upper right-hand corner of the screen. If you can’t find your profile, it means that you haven’t logged in. If so, enter your credentials to access your account.
- Choose “Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- Press the “Notifications” tab in the left-hand corner.
- Find the “Recommended videos” in the “Your Preferences” section and move the switch so that it turns grey. From now on, YouTube will no longer notify you about recommendations.
Turn off YouTubes Recommended Videos Notification on iOS
If you are using the YouTube app for iOS, and you want to hide recommended video notifications, here is what you need to do.
1: Open the YouTube app and tap on your profile picture.
2: Select the Settings option on the menu and tap on the Notifications settings.
3: You will notice an option called Recommended videos. Like Android, if YouTube is recommending videos, toggle the corresponding button.
If you are not getting any settings related to Notifications, you have to allow YouTube to show notifications from the native Settings app. For that, open Settings and go to Notifications > YouTube. Toggle the Allow Notifications button and follow the same steps as mentioned above.
Unfortunately, YouTube doesn’t provide an option to hide the entire video suggestions section on the mobile app. However, if you are using the YouTube app or website on your mobile or computer, you can hide a specific video from appearing in the Recommended videos section.
Polish Your YouTube Homepage
While watching YouTube videos is a great source of both fun and educational content, the recommendations can sometimes get out of control and clutter your homepage with irrelevant videos. Luckily, now you know how to control your recommendations, whether you’re using the app on your desktop or cell phone. With just a few clicks or taps, you can get rid of unwanted videos and improve the overall content of your YouTube profile.
Have you managed to get rid of irrelevant videos from your YouTube from the homepage? What method did you use? Tell us in the comments section below.